CALLING NOMINATIONS FOR SBWL ATTORNEY OF THE YEAR
Do you know an attorney who is a stand out among legal professionals in Santa Barbara County? SBWL is seeking nominations for the Deborah Talmage Attorney of the Year Award, to be presented during SBWL’s Annual Dinner, December 9, 2019. The Award annually honors an outstanding legal professional who is dedicated to the advancement and success of women; who mentors his or her colleagues and other women; who personifies professional excellence and a commitment to the highest level of ethics; who has shown a commitment to the community; and/or who has achieved professional excellence. The awardee’s name is engraved on a permanent plaque displayed at the historic Santa Barbara Superior Court.
Introducing “FEMALE FRIENDLY” AND “FAMILY FRIENDLY” LAW FIRM AWARDS AND CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
SBWL is dedicated to recognizing law firms (including all organizations, agencies or other practices) that are committed to promoting gender equality and work-life balance. SBWL is proud to present two new awards to recognize law firms that are progressing on these important aspects of our profession. If you are interested in nominating a law firm, please provide a brief explanation about how the law firm implements the following criteria, including any relevant excerpts of employee or operating manuals as to your law firm’s policies. **All responses will be kept confidential.
Criteria for Female Friendly Law Firm Award
- Gender equity among the firm’s hiring levels
- Representation of women in a firm’s leadership and promotions
- Extent to which a firm is committed to equitable training and mentorship
Criteria for Family Friendly Law Firm Award
- The structure and expectations surrounding billable hours and compensation at a firm
- The availability and use of parental and family accommodations
- The availability and use of part-time, flexible full-time and remote work schedules
Email Nominations to Betty Jeppesen at firstname.lastname@example.org