SANTA BARBARA LEGAL & CRISIS SERVICES
The Santa Barbara Women Lawyers is committed to serving its community members in a multitude of ways. Our organization has compiled a resource guide for our community members to assist in locating pro-bono legal services as well as crisis and addiction services locally.
Immigrant Legal Defense Center
Provides free legal advice in Santa Barbara County to adults and children in detention centers and removal proceedings and community education to help immigrants understand their basic civil rights If one of your loved ones is detained by ICE please call: (805) 886-9136
120 E. Jones St. Suite 117, Santa Maria, CA 93454
601 E. Montecito St., Santa Barbara, CA 93103
FAMILY LAW & CIVIL LAW
Family Law Facilitator
A family law facilitator is a lawyer with experience in family law who works for the superior court in your county to help parents and children involved in family law cases with child, spousal, and partner support problems. The family law facilitator gives you educational materials that explain how to establish parentage; and get, change, or enforce child, spousal, or partner support orders. The family law facilitator can also: give you the court forms you need; help you fill out your forms; help you figure out support amounts; and refer you to your local child support agency, family court services, and other community agencies that help parents and children.
Santa Barbara Office Family Court Services
1100 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Mediation: (805) 882-4667
Facilitator: (805) 882-4660
Peace Information Line- Linea de Informacion Del Curso Peace
Santa Maria Office Family Court Services
312 E. Cook St., New Clerks’ Office Bldg., 2nd Fl., Santa Maria, CA 93454
Mediation: (805) 614-6429
Facilitator: (805) 614-6442
Lompoc Office Family Court Services
115 Civic Center Plaza, Lompoc, CA
Peace Information Line- Linea de Informacion Del Curso Peace
Community Mediation Program of SB County
Community Mediation Program serves the communities of Santa Barbara County by providing compassionate communication, appropriate dispute resolution and problem solving practices, Restorative Justice, consultation, training, and mediation services.
Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic
Legal aid provides free legal assistance to eligible low-income families and individuals, people with disabilities, seniors and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, trafficking or other abuse and residing in Santa Barbara County. The domestic violence restraining order clinic assists victims of domestic violence seek and obtain restraining orders.
Lawyer Referral Service of Santa Barbara County
The Santa Barbara County Bar Association sponsors a Lawyer Referral Service that assists people in Santa Barbara County who have legal problems and seek the advice of qualified attorneys. LRS Staff is currently working remotely. Their hours are weekdays, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County
Legal aid provides free legal assistance to eligible low-income families and individuals, people with disabilities, seniors and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, trafficking or other abuse and residing in Santa Barbara County. In the following areas of law:
- Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) (Proof of income required)
- Fair Housing/Housing Discrimination (Proof of income required)
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders & Related Services (no income guideline)
- Elder Abuse Restraining Orders & Related Services (no income guideline)
- Immigration Assistance for Victims of Crimes (U-Visa, T-VISA, VAWA self-petition, SIJs)
- Guardianship & Conservatorship (of the person only) (Only in Lompoc/ Santa Maria locations) (Proof of income required)
- Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention for Homeowners
- Consumer Protection – assisting victims of consumer fraud
- Counseling for first-time home buyers
Legal Resources Center
Residents of Santa Barbara County have access to local self service legal resources center in addition to what information is provided in the Legal Resource center web site. The Legal Resource Center of Santa Barbara County is staffed by a California licensed attorney, and open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Assistance is offered in the completion of legal and court documents for various civil matters and infractions, and in properly presenting your case to the court.
The Office of the Public Defender exists to provide legal services to those persons who qualify for their assistance. Lawyers, investigators and secretarial staff are employed to accomplish this goal. The mission is to protect and defend the rights of their clients through legal representation of the highest quality, in pursuit of a fair and unbiased system of justice for all.
Santa Barbara Courthouse: 1100 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
To pursue truth and justice by employing the highest ethical standards in vigorously prosecuting the guilty, protecting the innocent, and preventing crime
1112 Santa Barbara Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
GENERAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION
211 Information Line Santa Barbara County
2-1-1 is a comprehensive information and referral system connecting people quickly and effectively to health and human services, disaster relief and public information. Access: Dial 2-1-1 to get connected to a specialist for personalized Free and Confidential assistance 24/7. Available in multiple languages. If out of the area or unable to connect try 800-400-1572.
Family Law Crisis Services
- 24/7 Access Line Toll Free 888-868-1649 [Mental Health, Alcohol & Substance Use Information, Referrals & Crisis Support]
- Adult Protective Services: (805) 681-4550 or (805) 692-5743 after hours
- Domestic Violence Solutions Crisis Line- www.DVsolutions.org 1-805-964-5245
- Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter: 1-805-964-5245
- Emergency Psychiatric Services: 1-800-895-7800
- Rape Crisis Center Hotline: www.sbrapecrisiscenter.org 1-805-564-3696
- Suicide Prevention Helpline: 211/cellphones: 1-800-400-1573
Counseling Services and Centers
- Al-anon/Alateen: www.alanonsantabarbara.info 1-805-899 8302 (Spanish Al-Anon: 1-805-683-6294)
- Alcoholics Anonymous: www.santabarbaraaa.com 1-805-962-3332
- Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse: www.cadasb.org 1-805-963-1433
- Project Recovery www.cadasb.org 1-805-564-6057 x112
- Zona Seca: www.Zonaseca.com 1-805-963-8961
- Anger Management: www.dvsolutions.org 1-805-682-7229